As an industry leader in the accessory marketplace, we feature the most coveted and unique collections by internationally recognized jewelry designers. As a locally owned company, we thrive and truly treasure the community we have built here for both our staff and customers. Our team plays an interactive role within our company and are always looking for the next addition.
We are seeking a sales-driven leader to fulfill the position of Store Manager for Blue Ruby. As Store Manager, you understand the importance of excellent customer service and lead your team by example. You are strategic, a hands-on contributor and an innovator. You love developing a team and driving them to achieve new levels of success.
The Retail Store Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, team development, store visual display and the daily operational tasks for their store location. Reporting to the Retail Store Supervisor and the Director, the Retail Store Manager will account for all outlined objectives and consistently represent the Hill's Dry Goods and Blue Ruby brand in all aspects of job responsibilities and performance.
Increased Store Sales and Statistics:
- Consistently achieve store sales targets as set out weekly, monthly and annually
- Increase individual store sales by over the previous fiscal year as targeted by HO.
- Meet and exceed individual store statistics over previous fiscal year.
- Consistently achieve personal sales targets and lead by example on the sales floor.
- Achieve or exceed store sales per hour goals based on scheduled hours.
- Ensure customer service standard on the sales floor and at the POS consistently promotes clientele development via in-store visits and social media promotion.
- Accountable to report to Retail Supervisor and Director of all individual staff and overall store sales performance on a weekly basis and in one to one meetings.
Staff Supervision and Motivation:
- Train and coach individual sales associates according to the Blue Ruby Generous customer service standard and all aspects of product knowledge, company policies and procedures.
- Train and coach staff on their individual salesmanship to achieve their goals for SPH, Average Transaction, and UPT and recognize accomplishments in each area.
- Develop sales associates into floor managers, assistant managers, and future store managers when applicable to the individual.
- Ensure all store staff and management according to the Blue Ruby company standard understand and have the ability to efficiently and effectively complete delegated duties and tasks.
- Direct Loss Prevention training and strategies consistently to minimize inventory shrinkage.
Merchandising and Display:
- Create strategic store merchandising plans that have store flow and consistently enhance and inspire the customer in-store experience.
- Ensure store merchandising and the display is presented according to selling strategies, company guidelines and utilizing the store's key areas with the appropriate feature merchandise.
- Ensure visual presentation is executed according to seasonal promotions directed from head office.
- To train merchandising designates on the merchandising guidelines.
- To train all staff on store and inventory maintenance according to the Blue Ruby company standard such as; straightening, polishing, restocking, replenishment.
- Communicate to Buyers and Supervisors on product levels, replenishment required needs and customer requests.
Basic Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure all store procedures and policies are processed in an effective and efficient manner such as POS systems, deliveries, transfers, line pulls, RTS, retags, WEM, Communication sheets, supply requests, store delegations and preparation for inventory counts.
- Oversee and communicate store schedule changes and advise the Retail Store Supervisor and HR Retail Manager of any attendance issues.
- Produce the Manager's WEM to communicate to the Head Office team on store and inventory performance.
- Communicate with and respond to the Head Office team within appropriate timeframes to ensure tasks are completed and any delay is addressed.
- Attend and contribute to the weekly Product meeting or as required.
- Attend and contribute to the monthly Blue Ruby Manager's meeting.
- Facilitate individual store staff meetings quarterly or as required.
- Ensure all external and internal security policies and procedures are followed at all times to have security and loss prevention awareness present at all times.
- Promote all branded marketing strategies and social media agendas to store team and customers.
- Contribute ideas and feedback to enhance our social media program.
- Consistently uphold the Blue Ruby Code of Ethics in an individual store location and throughout the company.
- To report to the Retail Supervisor, HR Retail Manager and Director of Sales, Staff, Merchandising and Operations as required.
- To take on responsibilities as required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed and grow.
Training and career advancement
Positive team environment
- Thursday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Friday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Monday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am - 7:00pm
- Labour Day - Sept. 5, 2022 11:00am - 7:00pm
- Thanksgiving - Oct. 10, 2022 11:00am - 7:00pm