With upwards of 14.5 million shoppers walking through GTC each year, it’s no wonder that many charities and community groups request to set up in our shopping centre to raise money and awareness. We work with groups on an individual basis to help make their visit to GTC a success. We evaluate all requests and strive to cater to the diverse blend of charities and non-profit organizations in our community.
Each organization can apply to use GTC’s complimentary space for up to one week, once per year. Please note that due to the busy holiday season, there are no bookings taken during November and December.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION.
- Space must be requested at least four weeks before chosen dates.
- Documentation must be received by GTC ten days prior to requested dates. Dates are not guaranteed until ALL documentation - including signed and initialled agreement and insurance - is fully executed, and a copy is forwarded to your attention.
- Non-profit locations are limited.
- Liability insurance is required.
- All displays are subject to approval by GTC. The size restriction is approximately 10 feet (length) x 8 feet (width) x 6 feet (height). Displays must not exceed leased area.
- Display is maximum two kiosks and two chairs.
- Displays must be open and staffed during all centre hours.
If your application is accepted you will be notified of such within 3 weeks of submitting your application, and any subsequent meetings. The information on the application will then be incorporated into the Temporary Occupancy - License Agreement, which must be executed by Guildford Town Centre prior to occupancy.
All applications are considered based on the following:
- Be a registered non-profit organization.
- Benefit the community in which Guildford Town Centre operates.
- Falls within at least one of Guildford Town Centre’s focus areas: the people, the community, the environment.
- Meets a compelling need in our community.
Requests for the following are unlikely to receive approval:
- Individual applicants.
- Religious or political organizations.
- Third-party fundraising.
- Trips and tours.
- Lobbying and petitions.