GUILDFORD TOWN CENTRE HOLIDAY MURAL PHOTO CONTEST
RULES AND REGULATIONS
TO COMPLETE YOUR ENTRY YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS. PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS.
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1.1 Contest Period:
- The Contest is held by Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc. (the “Contest Organizer”) and will begin on November 21, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. (PST) and end on February 28, 2018 at 9:00 p.m. (PST) (the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to all residents of British Columbia who are nineteen (19) years of age or older at the time of entry. Any person under the age of nineteen (19) at the time of entry shall be accompanied by a parent or guardian. All participants, including parents and guardians (if applicable) shall be required to sign a Contest Release and Acknowledgement Form. The following are ineligible to participate in the Contest: employees and their immediate families, representatives and agent of Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates, their advertising and marketing agencies, all Guildford Town Centre retail stores and their employees, the suppliers of the prizes, materials and services used as part of this Contest or any other party directly involved in holding the Contest, their spouse, and anyone else with whom these employees, representatives and agents are domiciled. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family consists of parents, siblings, children, and spouse.
- All participants are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer, including without limitation, the request to have a participant provide a valid piece of governmental issued identification.
1.3. How to Enter
- No purchase necessary. In order to enter the Contest each participant must take a picture in front of the Holiday Mural and post it to social media (Facebook, Instagram and or Twitter) and tag @shopgtc.
- To submit an entry for the Contest (individually, the “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”), each participant must post to their respective social media (Facebook, Instagram and or Twitter) and tag @shopgtc in front of the Holiday Mural located on Upper Level next to Atmosphere.
- Participants of the Contest are restricted to one (1) Entry per person per day during the Contest Period. Any attempt by any person to: (i) submit more than one (1) Entry per person per day during the Contest Period; or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names and/or identities to enter the Contest during the Contest Period will be invalid for purposes of the Contest and may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Organizer result in disqualification from the Contest.
- The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be an official clock chosen by the Contest Organizer.
- The Contest offers the chance to win one of three Prizes with the value of $200 in an Ivanhoe Cambridge gift card.
- The Prize will be in the form of a gift card and details of the Prize are as follows:
- $200 Ivanhoe Cambridge Gift Card.
- One winner will be drawn between the following time periods:
- November 21, 2017 – December 31, 2017
- January 1, 2018 – January 30, 2018
- February 1, 2018 – February 28, 2018
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
4. WINNER SELECTION
- On or about January 2, 2018, February 2, 2018 and March 2, 2018 (the “Draw Date”) at the Shopping Centre, one (1) eligible entrant will be selected (the “Selected Entry”) by random draw from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
5. PRIZE WINNER CONFIRMATION PROCESS
- The Contest Organizer or its designated representative will make three (3) attempts to contact the participant corresponding to the Selected Entry by telephone or email (using the information provided at the time of Entry) (such participant referred to as a “Potential Winner”). In the event the Contest Organizer or it designated representative is unable to contact the Potential Winner within three (3) business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, such Potential Winner will be disqualified at Contest Organizer’s sole discretion and Potential Winner will forfeit all rights to any Prize and the Contest Organizer may, in its sole and absolute discretion, hold another random draw to select another eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries, in which event the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected Potential Winner.
- Before being declared a confirmed Prize Winner, the Potential Winner must successfully answer a skill-testing question unaided and unassisted and present government-issued photo identification verifying the residency and age of the Potential Winner and sign the Contest Release & Acknowledgement (or, in the case of a Minor, have his or her parent or legal guardian sign) to receive the Prize, which, among other things, (i) confirms compliance with these Rules and Regulations, (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded, (iii) releases (a) Contest Organizer , 4239431 Canada Inc., 4210611 Canada Inc., Guildford Town Centre Limited Partnership, and any of their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, (b) Contest Organizer’s prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies, and any entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration, judging, or fulfillment of the Contest, and (c) each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with the Contest, and (iv) confirms the Prize Winner’s agreement to the publication, reproduction, and/or other use of his or her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, the Shopping Centre, and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Organizer in any manner, including, but not limited to, print, broadcast, and/or the Internet (including, but not limited to, social media).
- If a Potential Winner: (i)) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, (ii) fails to return the properly executed Contest Release and Acknowledgment as outlined herein, (iii) cannot accept, or is unwilling to accept the Prize as awarded for any reason, or (iv) is determined to be in violation of these Rules and Regulations, all as determined by the Contest Organizer in its sole discretion, he or she may, in the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize), and the Contest Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion and time permitting, to select an alternate Potential Winner for the Prize in accordance with the procedures outlined in these Rules and Regulations, in which case the foregoing provisions of this section will apply to such newly selected Potential Winner.
6. GENERAL RULES AND CONDITIONS:
- By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Contest Organizer, which decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations, as well as the rules adopted in view of said laws. Any Entry or Acknowledgment and Release Form that is, depending on the case, incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late, mutilated or lacking any of the required information will automatically be refused and no Prize will be awarded. The decision of the Contest Organizer in relation thereto is final and cannot be appealed.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify anyone that attempts to enter the Contest by means that violate the Rules and Regulations. Such person may be referred to the competent judicial authorities and the decision of the Contest Organizer in relation thereto is final and cannot be appealed.
- Any Prize must be accepted as awarded and described in the Rules and Regulations and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in full or in part for cash, subject to the below paragraph.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the Contest Organizer is unable to award the Prizes as described herein for any reason, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute the Prizes of equal or greater value. In the event a substituted prize is awarded, said prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be exchanged for cash or otherwise substituted or transferred.
- The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its entire discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice for any reason which affects the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest.
- By entering the Contest, all participants consent to the use of any and all information relating to the Contest, including information on participants obtained through the Contest, for purposes of running the Contest and promoting the Contest and similar promotions, for publication, and for marketing purposes by the Shopping Centre, without further compensation or notification.
- By entering the Contest, participants agree to hold harmless the Contest Organizer, the Shopping Centre, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all liability, damages or causes of action with respect to or arising out of: (i) participant’s participation in the Contest; (ii) the receipt or use of the Prize awarded herein; or (iii) the administration of the Contest and the distribution of the Prize awarded herein.
- Each Prize must be claimed in person and winners are solely responsible for their own transportation to and from the Shopping Centre. Prior to receiving a Prize, all winners shall complete and sign the Release and Acknowledgment Form, which will be provided to all winners at the Shopping Centre.
- Subject to the right of the Contest Organizer to make all determinations relating to the Contest, any controversy or dispute arising out of the conduct of the Contest shall be resolved in the courts of the Province of British Columbia applying the law of British Columbia and the laws of Canada accordingly.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Rules and Regulations, disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to any the Contest entry forms, any Kiosks and/or point of sale, television, print, or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, tampering, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or authorized access to, or alteration of entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems, viruses or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, server providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.